Geneticist - Embryologist, BSc, MSc, DEA, PhD
Dr. Evi Vogiatzi studied Genetics at Cardiff University in Wales and specialized in human Reproduction and Fertility with postgraduate studies in Embryology at the University of Bristol, UK and in high risk Pregnancy at the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, GR. She afterwards obtained her PhD from the Medical School of the University of Athens for bulding an innovative Artificial Intelligence (AI) system for the accurate prediction of pregnancy in IVF cycles, which was as the first cross validated AI in assisted reproduction worldwide.
As a Clinical Embryologist (senior) she has collaborated with major Assisted Reproduction – IVF Units in Greece and also as a Geneticist in Pre-implantation Genetic Screening and Diagnosis of the embryo, while she has also obtained important experience from other European laboratories, including the Kennedy Institute at Charing Cross Hospital in London. Dr Vogiatzi has served as an Assistant Head of the Embryology and Andrology laboratory of the Assisted Reproduction Unit of the Attikon University Hospital in Greece and as a Scientific Associate of the Hospital for several consecutive years.
Her special interests now focus on the laboratory investigation of male and female fertility, the optimization of sperm parameters for natural conception and assisted reproduction, and the prevention of male and female infertility.
Main scientific activities and positions of Dr. Vogiatzi are summarized below:
- Researcher and author in over 50 scientific studies and publications in prestigious international Scientific Journals and participation in more than 25 scientific Announcements in global conferences and forums, participation in 4 clinical trials (RCT).
- Reviewer in over 20 international Scientific Journals and high impact Organizations, including the Cochrane Collaboration, Reproductive Biomedicine Online – RBM, Journal of Assisted Reproduction and Genetics, Andrology, Andrologia, Reproductive Biology and Endocrinology, Fertility & Reproduction, Reproductive Sciences, Scientific Reports, Springer Nature, Molecular Biology Reports etc.
- Continued scientific collaboration on pioneering technological applications and evidence-based clinical practice with the teams of the Andrology Center of the Cleveland Clinic, USA, the American Center of Reproductive Medicine (American Center of Reproductive Medicine, USA) and the Reproductive Biomedicine Research Center of the Royan Institute, Tehran, Iran.
- Member of the Advisory Committee of the Global Andrology Forum (GAF) which counts more than 400 globally recognized senior specialists in the field of andrology (https://www.globalandrologyforum.com/)
- Editor in the Gynecology and Fertility Group of the Cochrane Collaboration, executive Editor of the Current Genomics Journal and member of the Advisory Committee of the Greek Center of Cochrane (Cochrane Greece). Clinical Advisor in Scientific Organizations of global impact (Wiley, CCA)
- Member of the Organizing Committee and Chair in more than 10 International and Greek Scientific Conferences and Specialized Workshops in Assisted Reproduction in the last five years.
- Lecturer and trainer with hands-on educational practice in Clinical Embryology and Laboratory Andrology to undergraduate and postgraduate students of the Medical School of Athens and other recognized scientific specialization programs.